Hii all! I'm so happy today, so I figured I would spread some beauty tips with that emotion since who is sad when talking about beauty stuff anyway? I started my morning off by going to 'Kosläpp' in Skurup, which is when they release the cows after a long winter on the farmland and they jump and run around with joy. I recommend this to everyone to see haha, but here it's easier since in Sweden they make a big event out of it. Then Elise and I went to pet baby goats and one of them climbed on my lap and sniffed me and that was enough for a dose of happiness for the day. After that we headed to Lund to study at a cafe and from that happy-goat-cow-dose emotion it was so easy to write so much into my Bachelor thesis yay! But back to beauty talk now haha.. Here are photos and descriptions of the stuff that I recommend you to try out this month. Hope you find something new and exciting for yourself!
1. Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette - I was on a look out for a Urban Decay large palette as you know, they are one of the most known and use ones. I was going to choose between Naked 2 and 3, but then I noticed the Basics one there. One look at the colour choice and I was sold. It has all the colours that I use and so many pretty shades of nude as well. My most used ones are purple, pink, this reddish-orange and yellow and this palette just has it all. Plus it stays on long and has a super great pigment. Such a must-have!
2. Smashbox Eye Primer - So if you want your eyeshadows to stay on from morning to late night and to make them 5 times more pigmented on your eyelid than normally then that's the go-to product. A girl at Kicks recommended this to me, it was a bit pricy by looking at its size, but now I know that you only need to use a teeny tiny portion and eyes are primed. This thing does exactly what it says on package and I'm never changing it.
(By the way, that gorgeous rose gold watch is from Wilhelm Bergman!)
1. Beauty Blenders - Every respectable make-up bag contains one and you all probably already own one-two, but I decided to go further from using the classical one and also tried out the little ones that I now use for eyebrows, eyes and other narrow areas on my face, and I also tried out the Beauty Blusher, which is a medium and made for a blush. They are all in daily use for me and it's natural to carry around 3 different sized 'eggs' now. I also has the change to try out the Beauty Blender cleanser named Solid. It makes the sponge cleaning quick and effortless and it keeps them looking fresh, new and soft!
1. Supermood Egoboost Facelift Serum - When that product was described to me together with its friend Eyelift serum it made me laugh since they said it's gonna pull your face so tight that you can feel it. I don't feel it thank god, but as I tried it the first two times, I couldn't see the difference between my tired morning face and after using this. I kind of left it on the side from my daily make-up routine, but then one day I gave it another go when going to the gym and I checked the mirror like 2 minutes after and bam, I looked so tight and fresh in my face! Now I've been using it daily ever since and I don't know what happened, but it suddenly works? Still not feeling the tightness, but it's really visible around eyes and cheeks.
2. It's Skin Ye Effector - I heard a lot of good things about this one and saw it's sold out in a lot of online stores, but I wasn't really sure what it did more than boost something with yeast, but I tried it on anyway and eventhough I don't recognize any other effects, it's a super great primer! Somehow after applying this on my face, make-up blends and sticks A LOT better. If anyone knows what the actual effect should be, comment below!
3. Supermood Youth Glo Radiance Serum - This again does what it says - makes the face glow. I use it together with the Egoboost one and I just love how good it smells and feels on face. Just a little perfect glowy thing.
1. Focallure Silicone Sponge - I was really curious about the sponge, so I had the change to test it out real soon after. It blends nicely and is really easy to use, but it's probably only me who doesn't love the feeling of silicone rubbing face. Nevertheless, I use it everytime I run out of any liquid product because this one makes your products last two times longer as it absorbs zero product, saves every drop and is so easy to clean. One sponge should last many many months.
2. GHD Advanced Split Therapy - We got to test this one out after a Polhem event and it's something I really recommend for everyone! What it does is that after washing your hair, you apply a little on your ends, then blow dry and then straighten your hair, and after that the ends feel sooo smooth! They look healthy even when they aren't really (that's me after another bleach) and they help to keep the ends straight and to straighten them faster if you don't have GHD perfect straightener that is (I don't). Love it!
1. Egoboost Beauty Chocolates - Saved the weirdest beauty product for the last! The creator of Supermood is an accomplished Finnish supermodel who longed for her own beauty line and she created everything that she missed from other beauty products. The line is quite new and there are so many exciting products to try out because she really seems like super talented at creating these. I also tried the Beauty Mist of her series, but I couldn't show it here due to handluggage restrictions (aka the mist is at J's place in Tallinn), so I'll introduce that later in summertime. But but one of her most interesting products is the chocolates. She is said to love chocolate so so much, so she decided to create beauty chocolates that either make you get a great dose of beauty sleep or give you a youthful look due to the ingredients that people lose from their skin when getting older. I gave the chocolate to mom since well I don't need it yet, but I tried both of them out. Their taste wasn't my cup of tea and you probably have to eat a lot of those to see some result, but hey, how fun is to try out beauty stuff like that!?