I've written about my hair care before, I think it was one of the first posts I made in this blog, but I've got some new tips and I think I should share something that helped me get my hair back healthy again. Also a lot of girls ask me how did I get my hair to grow again, so here it is - FULL TUTORIAL HOW TO FIX DAMAGED HAIR
My hair was breaking, falling out, basically dying everyday, ends were split..mainly because I was colouring it blonder and blonder. They were quite thick but they got shorter and shorter everyday because the ends were dead and just broke. I've always wanted long hair so finally I consulted with my hairdresser and we started to fix my hair together, it started last June. I also did some research myself and finally in March, this year, we cut off the last piece of dry ends and now I have completely healthy growing hair, all I need is time now, because they won't break anymore. Oh and they are so thick, more and more hair grows on my head everyday and they're getting even more thicker. So here are the thing I did and continue doing:
1) Conditioner before shampooing - I know that most of you don't do that, but it's actually a lot better for your hair if you defence your ends before shampooing not after. So what I do is hold the conditioner 10-30 minutes in my hair before I start to wash them. They will still be soft don't worry.
2) Conditioner in hair over-night - Leave a moisturising conditioner in hair for the night and just shampoo your hair in the morning. Such a great tip if you're in a hurry in the morning.
3) Leave different oils in your hair over-night - Olive oil, coconut oil, peanut oil, castor oil..I use it all, but not at once. Every night, when I have nowhere to go the next morning, I leave one of these oils in my hair for the night. I think that is the thing that helped my hair the most. Your hair gets so much out of this little small thing ýou can do. It may be hard to wash it out at first, but your hair will come used to it quite right away. That's something my hairdresser said I MUST do and now she laughs and says - told you it works, people don't believe but it does. Girls, even those who have healthy hair - do it! Your hair will thank you.
4) Haidresser - I know it must be tempting to dye your hair at home with a colour bought from some supermarket. I did that too all the time, but it's killing your hair. Just go to your favourite hairdresser, say what's your natural hair colour that keeps growing out and figure out what colour could suit you best and what colour wouldn't disturb you if it grew out a lot. If you want to keep your light blonde then just go dye it at hairdressers every time it grows out. They have the products that can keep your hair from great damage. Well I was blonde, I still would love to be, but I don't want to go anywhere to hairdresser except my own in Estonia. That's why my hair is now dark blonde with light blonde highlights, so that if my hair grows out, it will still look beautiful. Now it has gone lighter during summer and it has grown out a lot, almost looks like ombre and I love it. And it was all my hairdressers idea. Oh and stop dying your ends, it's the worst you can do.
5) Dry oils for hair - The ones you put in your hair after washing them and the ones you use on the ends after stilling or before sleep. I have about 5 of those and I always use 3 on moist hair every time I have washed my hair. Hands up for Moroccan Oil - the best product I've ever put in my hair. Not only me but everyone says it's simply magic. If you think your hair is soft and shiny now, nope try your hair with this oil. I sometimes leave one of these oils in my hair over-night too and wash it off in the morning. Also the good thing about these oils is that they don't leave any oily marks in hair and they last long since you only have to use a small drop every time.
6) Vitamins - I take Vitamin-B every spring, the whole jar. Your hair needs vitamins to grow. You either eat them in with food or with vitamin-pills or both. I also just finished a bottle of cod-liver oil which I think helped me a lot last few months. Hair grows and grows. So google the foods and products you can take in that help with the growth. Oh I almost forgot - take a spoon of olive oil daily and eat a lot of avocados.
7) Protein masks - Hair needs protein to grow. I use this one awesome mask for it. Put half an avocado, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and one egg-yellow in a bowl, mix it and put it in you hair for 2 hours. Of course cover your hair with a blanket and wash it off with shampoo later. It's magical.
8) Cut off your dry ends - Nothing fixes your damaged split ends, you can only prevent your hair from drying more and more. You just need to fix your hair from the middle and time by time cut off pieces of dry from your hair. First I made my hair grow again and then I started cutting it off each time it grew.
9) Other products - I use a leave-in conditioner after I've washed my hair. I also use a professional hair mask time to time and a leave-in serum. These all make my hair feel healthy and soft. I also use the tangle-teezer for combing wet hair and removing tangles easily. I don't use hairbrushes anymore. Only the tangle-teezer and small combs. I also use soft bands without any metal or plastic and sometimes I style my hair with a round brush made of boar's hair that doesn't damage hair.
10) Heat protector - I heat-style a lot, I know quilty and that's the reason I need to strictly keep doing everything above. But nevertheless I use tons of heat protector in my hair before doing any heat styling. It is a must. No arguing that. ANd if you can don't heat style at all.
11) Wash them right - Don't condition your scalp, don't shampoo your ends. Easy. And start with warm water and end washing with cold water so hair wouldn't get greasy fast. Also don't wash your hair too much, let it be unwashed until you can't stand it. I don't wash my hair for 2 days and then wash it and you have to wash your hair as gently as your hands.
12) Time - Give your hair time to grow, don't rush into extensions because they haven't grown 5 cm in 2 months. You will just break them more.
So a long post, but if I missed anything I will add it up in some new post. For Estonian friends, sorry I didn't write in estonian, google translate if you can't understand. And I want to thank my mom, Joonas and Joonas's mom who have gave me products I can use and helped me find the great ones. I really appreciate it.
If anyone has any questions or want to ask what products I use, you can comment or write me on my e-mail. Hope I could help at least some of you. For me all that worked.